Project Lead (Permanent) - Housing First Service
Project Lead (Permanent) - SYHA Housing First Service
South Yorkshire Housing Association (SYHA) is an award winning not-for-profit organisation passionate about housing and supporting people to LiveWell, settle at home and realise their potential.A Sunday Times Best 100 Not for Profit organisation to work for and IiP Gold standard, we are a forward thinking, innovative and ambitious organisation. We currently own and manage over 6000 properties, support over 1600 vulnerable customers in care and supported housing projects and employ nearly 500 people.
Housing First is an international evidence-based approach that uses independent, stable housing as a stepping-stone, to allow individuals experiencing multiple disadvantage to begin recovery and move away from homelessness.
Housing First in England is based on 7 key principles:
- People have a right to a home
- Flexible support is provided for as long as it is needed
- Housing and support are separated
- Individuals have choice and control
- An active engagement approach is used
- The service is based on people’s strengths, goals and aspirations
- There is a harm reduction approach
South Yorkshire Housing Association is one of a small number of organisations delivering Housing First schemes in the UK.As the Housing First Project Lead, you will lead a dynamic team to provide effective support to our customers on this successful and innovative service.
The person we are looking for will be passionate about delivering customer focused services, with an understanding of homelessness recovery and promoting independence.
This is an important and rewarding role, the successful candidate must have excellent administration, communication and organisational skills, enthusiasm and a flexible approach to problem solving and decision making. They will have the ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.If you believe that you have the leadership skills and determination to work in a supported housing environment and can play a vital role in delivering a high-quality service and developing our staff team, then we would like to hear from you.
The successful candidate will bring innovation and creativity to help develop the aspirations of our customers. They will need to demonstrate that they have an excellent understanding of how to meet our service needs and to maximise the outcomes for our customers.
This post is a permanent position and the working hours are 37 per week. The successful candidate will also be expected to provide on call cover on a rota basis.
Some of SYHA’s benefits
- Generous holiday entitlement – 27 days annual leave, statutory bank holidays, plus an additional 4 SYHA days
- Flexible working options including Flexi Time and Condensed Hours
- Excellent training including free annual training and ongoing professional development including a leadership academy
- Excellent benefits including SYHA Rewards - employee discount scheme, which offers cash back and shopping discounts
- Westfield Health (employer paid)
For the purposes of the Rehabilitation of Offenders this role is an excluded job (LiveWell roles).
Starting Salary: Starting salary of £28,770plus generous holiday entitlement and benefits
Working Hours: 37 hours
To Apply: Please apply on our careers website http://www.syha-careers.co.uk/vacancies. Complete the application form, submit a CV and refer to the Job Description and Guidance Notes documents.
For an informal discussion contact: Please contact Service Manager, Laura Costa, on 07900 741637 or Head of Service, Vic Stirling, on 07901 716145
Closing Date: 14th August 2020
Interviews & Assessment: 27 August 2020 – please keep the whole day free.