Wellbeing Facilitator (Permanent, Part-Time)
Could you empower someone with enduring mental health issues to gain the most from their life?
We are seeking an enthusiastic and innovative Wellbeing Facilitator to join our dedicated team at our registered mental health project in Sheffield where we provide accommodation, advice and support including personal care to our customers.
Lister Project is a CQC registered residential care service for 25 adults, split over 5 separate houses in the Gleadless area of Sheffield.
We’re looking for somebody who is friendly and loves working with people and is excellent at creating rapport and building up trust with our customers.You will be part of an enthusiastic and well established team who are further developing our residential care and support service to promote life skills and independence in all our customers to enable improved health and wellbeing and where possible successful move-on for customers to more independent type living.
Are you someone who…
- Has a positive, can do attitude and can bring this out in others
- Understands the benefits of a healthy and active lifestyle and can inspire people to be active within their individual levels of ability.
- Has a creative flare and can ‘think out of the box’ to engage others.
- Can motivate people to make new friends and make connections within the local community.
- Has a positive attitude to promoting the opportunity to gain new skills and experiences.
- Ability to work as a part of a team.
- Has experience of providing support to others, either paid or unpaid.
- Wants to make a difference.
- Is able to work flexible days between Monday to Friday and the very occasional weekend/evening to meet the needs of the service
If you are this person then we are looking for you!
In this role you will:
- Work creatively, to support customers to join in activities and promote health and wellbeing.
- Work with other professionals as well as out in the community to help improve health and wellbeing.
- Keep records that will evidence your work with customers.
- Gain peoples trust and respect, working with them individually and in groups
- Work as part of the team in monitoring and evaluating the quality of the service we provide
Working Hours: 18.5 hours per week.Must be available to work flexibly Monday - Friday and have the flexibility to increase their contracted hours to cover annual leave.
To Apply: Please apply on our careers website http://www.syha-careers.co.uk/vacancies. Complete the application form and refer to the Job Description and Guidance Notes documents.
For an informal discussion please contact: Hazel Liparoti on 0114 2652016 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary: £16,842 pro rata, per annum, plus generous holiday’s entitlement and benefits.
Closing Date: 10th July 2020
Interview Date: TBC
Great Working Environment
Additional InformationWellbeing Facilitator, Lister Project - JD & PS.pdf
Guidance notes for applicants(current).pdf