Marketing and Communications Officer - Fixed term until 31st March 2022
Marketing and Communications Officer Good Work - SCR
Based at Rockingham Street, Sheffield (with regular travel around SCR)
18.5 hours per week, fixed term until 31st March 2022
South Yorkshire Housing Association (SYHA) is a successful not-for-profit organisation with a strong commitment to the Sheffield City Region. A Sunday Times Best 100 Companies “one to watch” we are a forward thinking, innovative and ambitious organisation.
Our exciting and ambitious employment support programme- Good Work SCR- is fully funded by the European Social Fund (ESF) and The National Lottery Community Fund (NLCF). Good Work SCR is an integrated, person-centred employment service for people with physical and mental health conditions, learning disabilities and complex needs. It’s based on Individual Placement Support, a “place then train” approach that’s shown to be twice as effective as traditional approaches.
The programme is to be delivered over a further two-year period and will involve working with voluntary, community and private sector organisations in delivering objectives that have been set within our vision & strategy. The Marketing and Communications Officer will work solely on Good Work and will be fully funded by The European Social Fund and the National Lottery Community Fund.
The successful candidate would need to: Have significant experience of working in a fast-paced PR/digital/marketing environment. You can lead on vision and strategy for Good Work and on tone of voice, combining creativity and great ideas with excellent writing and editing skills. You are passionate about developing others and generous in sharing your skills and experience. The range of work includes:
- Marketing and branding - You will ideally have experience of writing marketing plans and campaigns and have an excellent working knowledge of branding and storytelling.
- Digital - You will have industry experience of working across digital platforms and creating and developing innovative digital campaigns and content.
- Data and impact - You’ll be experienced in setting KPIs for digital, marketing and PR and used to collecting this data and presenting back regular reports.
- Project and customer management - You’ll enjoy getting out there and winning over and building relationships. You’ll be experienced in managing your own workload, whilst keeping the production manager informed of progress.
- Profile and attitude - You will be a highly organised, conscientious individual who loves to be busy and has an upbeat and positive attitude and isn’t fazed by juggling several projects at once. You’ll be passionate and proud about the social value you bring and making an impact in the broader community will be important to you.
You will report to the Marketing and Communications Production Manager.
Starting Salary: £28,206 - £30,221 pro rata, per annum
Working Hours: 18.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday. Possible occasional weekend work
To Apply: Please apply on our careers website http://www.syha-careers.co.uk/vacancies. Complete the application form and refer to the Job Description and Guidance Notes documents.
For an informal discussion contact: Emma Salisbury- firstname.lastname@example.org or Julie Rice- email@example.com
Closing Date: Midnight Thursday 2nd April
Interview Date: Thursday 9th April