Service Manager: LiveWell
Service Manager: LiveWell
South Yorkshire Housing Association (SYHA) is an award-winning not-for-profit organisation passionate about housing and supporting people to settle at home, live well and realise their potential.A Sunday Times Best 100 Not for Profit organisations to work for, we are a forward thinking, innovative and ambitious organisation. We currently own and manage over 6000 properties, support over 1600 customers in care and supported housing projects and employ nearly 600 people.
LiveWell is the largest provider of supported housing across the Sheffield City Region. We offer a diverse range of services and are passionate about driving and supporting innovation in the sector. Our work on developing new models of care and support is award winning.
We are pleased to recruit for a Service Manager to lead the operational delivery of our homeless services delivered across Sheffield and Rotherham.This includes the innovative Housing First model.It will be your job to ensure these services achieve the best possible outcome for our customers, are financially viable and deliver high standards of service delivery.In relation to staff and customers, the role requires effective operational leadership, undertaking regular performance monitoring to maximise quality, outcomes and opportunities for customers.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Determination to focus on high-quality person-centred services that deliver great outcomes for customers
- A commitment to strength-based service delivery models.
- Openness to challenge and confidence to challenge others.
- A creative and collaborative approach to service delivery and promotion of good practice across services.
- Track record of leading and inspiring a team of operational staff
- Ability to manage budgets
- Excellent partnership management
- Oversight of legislative, contractual and regulatory changes with an aptitude to apply these to service delivery
We’re looking for people who have experience outlined above, it’s not essential for you to have worked in a housing association.
We welcome applications from people from all walks of life. SYHA has a strongly positive approach to inclusion – everyone is welcome to apply.We are currently underrepresented by BAME and would particularly welcome applications from people from these communities.
Some of SYHA’s benefits
- Generous holiday entitlement – 27 days annual leave, statutory bank holidays, plus an additional 4 SYHA days
- Flexible working options including Flexi Time, Condensed Hours, Part Time
- Excellent training including free annual training and ongoing professional development including a leadership academy
- Excellent benefits including SYHA Rewards - employee discount scheme, which offers cash back and shopping discounts
- Westfield Health (employer paid)
For the purposes of the Rehabilitation of Offenders this role is an excluded job (LiveWell roles).
Starting Salary: £35,345, plus generous holiday entitlement and excellent benefits.
N.B. This post attracts essential car user allowance therefore the post holder must have a full driving licence and access to a car during working hours
Working Hours:37 hours per week, this may include the occasional need to attend meetings outside of routine operational hrs; Time in lieu will be given.
To Apply: Please apply on our careers website http://www.syha-careers.co.uk/vacancies. Complete the application form and refer to the Job Description and Guidance Notes documents.
The successful candidate will also be expected to provide on call cover on a rota basis.
For an informal discussion contact: Vic Stirling, on 07901 716145
Closing Date: Midnight, Sunday 5th April 2020
Assessment day and formal interviews will be held all day on Thursday 16th April 2020
*Covid-19 Update – At South Yorkshire Housing Association, we are committed to maintaining social distancing measures to combat the coronavirus pandemic. This means we have had to make temporary changes to the way we recruit to our roles in order to help slow the spread of Covid-19.
We will now be holding our interviews and assessments virtually. Shortlisted candidates will receive communication from the recruiting manager, outlining how this will work, as soon as possible.
All the dates listed in the advertisement are unchanged, including the interview date of Thursday 16th April.
We thank you for your patience and understanding at this unprecedented time.
Candidates are asked to note the above dates.