Head of IT
Head of IT
Temporary (12 months maternity cover) – 37 Hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity to join South Yorkshire Housing Association (SYHA) as the Head of IT. This is a temporary role to cover 12 months maternity leave.
We are nearly two years into the delivery of our Technology Plan which runs until the end of 2021. We are looking for a safe pair of hands to continue the work that is already underway and Sheffield successfully deliver the remainder of the plan.
We’ve made great strides in delivering the Technology Plan in the last two years. We’ve overhauled our IT infrastructure. We’ve implemented technology to enable agile working for staff.We’re in the middle of replacing our core business solutions by the end of 2021, alongside delivering digital services to our customers.
The main purpose of this role is to provide effective leadership for the IT function and ensure that the organisations IT systems and services support our strategy and are reliable and secure.
We are looking for someone who will lead from the front, is engaging and can work with a variety of people across the business, partners and suppliers.
The successful candidate would need to:
- Provide effective leadership for the IT Team
- Continue to lead on the delivery of our Technology Plan, with emphasis on our system implementations
- Understand new technologies and how these can be used to drive improvements within our business
- A passion for improving ways of working
- Contribute to the development of corporate strategy and business development as part of our wider leadership team.
More about us...
South Yorkshire Housing Association (SYHA) is an award-winning not-for-profit organisation passionate about housing and supporting people to LiveWell, Settle at home and realise their potential.A Sunday Times Best 100 Not for Profit organisation to work for and IiP Gold standard, we are a forward thinking, innovative and ambitious organisation. We currently own and manage over 6000 properties, support over 1600 vulnerable customers in care and supported housing projects and employ nearly 500 people.
Some of SYHA’s Benefits
- Generous holiday entitlement – 27 days annual leave, statutory bank holidays, plus an additional 4 SYHA days.
- Flexible working options including Flexi Time, Condensed Hours, Part Time
- Excellent training including free annual training and ongoing professional development including a leadership academy.
- Excellent benefits including SYHA Rewards - employee discount scheme, which offers cash back and shopping discounts.
- Westfield Health (employer paid).
For an informal discussion contact:Charlotte Murray, Co-Director of Care, Health and Wellbeing on 0114 2900286 or Claire Sockett, Head of IT on 0114 2900261
Salary Scale: (6B) £45,444 + £1132 car allowance - Plus generous holidays and benefits
Working Hours: 37 hours a week Monday to Friday
To Apply: Please complete an application form on our website
http://www.syha.co.uk please ensure you address the application questions. Please refer to the person specification which along with the guidance notes is available to download at the bottom of this page.
Closing Date: 24th February 2020
Interview Date: First stage interviews; Week commencing 2nd March Final Stage; Week commencing 9th March