Health & Wellbeing Coach (Permanent, Full-time, Sheffield)
LiveWell: Promoting Independence Project
Health & Wellbeing Coach Full-time, Sheffield
We are recruiting for a Health & Wellbeing Coach for our new project, based in Sheffield – 37 hours per week
South Yorkshire Housing Association is an award winning not-for-profit organisation passionate about housing and supporting people to LiveWell, settle at home and realise their potential.A Sunday Times Best 100 Not for Profit organisation to work for and IiP Gold standard, we are a forward thinking, innovative and ambitious organisation. We currently own and manage over 6000 properties, support over 1600 vulnerable customers in care and supported housing projects and employ over 600 people.
Do you want to be part of driving system change within mental health services in Sheffield?Could you empower someone to move out of 24/7 residential care into their own accommodation and live a more independent life?
We are seeking a passionate, enthusiastic and innovative Health & Wellbeing Coach to join our team and deliver this exciting new project in Sheffield. We’ve secured a £3m Social Impact Bond to deliver this ambition, and our aim is to equip each customer with personal, social, vocational and practical life skills; enabling them to take control of their life and live independently within the community, whilst managing their mental health condition. We’re aiming to work with 113 adults with mental health conditions aged under 65 over 7 years to make the move.
We know that people can recover from serious mental illness, customers have told us what’s needed to sustain a move out of 24/7 care
The role of the Health and Wellbeing Coach includes supporting our customers to develop the skills necessary to move out of residential care and maximise their independence in their own accommodation. The Health and Wellbeing Coach will work in tandem with keyworkers, current residential/nursing care providers and statutory health & social care representatives.
The successful candidate would need to:
- Provide focussed therapeutic interventions and models to customers from a variety of backgrounds, that enables a transition into independent living.
- To formulate, implement and evaluate multi-agency strengths based assessment and outcome plans with customers
- Have a qualification in Counselling (or other psychology related qualification), Occupational Therapy or other Allied Health Professional Qualification at Degree level which would meet the requirements for relevant accreditation e.g. BACP, NMC, HCPC.
Some of South Yorkshire Housing Associations benefits:
- Generous holiday entitlement – 27 days annual leave pro rata, statutory bank holidays, plus an additional 4 SYHA days
- Flexible working options including Flexi Time, Condensed Hours, Part Time
- Excellent training including free annual training and ongoing professional development including a leadership academy
- Excellent benefits including SYHA Rewards - employee discount scheme, which offers cash back and shopping discounts
- Westfield Health (employer paid)
For the purposes of the Rehabilitation of Offenders this role is an excluded job.
Starting Salary: Starting salary of £28,206 per annum (pro rata),plus generous holidays entitlement and benefits – plus essential car user (£94.36 per month)
Working Hours: Full-time: 37 hours per week, Monday – Friday
Please apply on our career website: http://www.syha-careers.co.uk/vacancies. Complete the application form, questions and a copy of your CV. Please refer to the Job Description and Guidance Notes documents.
For more information about the project or the role please contact: Paul Elsworth on 07394510111 or email@example.com
Closing Date: 13th December 2019, 12 noon
Interview Date: 19th December 2019
Great Working Environment