Key Worker – Connect 3 - Full Time, Permanent *Male only applicants*
Key Worker post *Male only applicants*
37 hour permanent post for Connect 3 project in Sheffield
Could you empower someone to gain the most from their life?
We are seeking an enthusiastic and innovative Keyworker to join our team at the Sheffield Connect 3 Project delivered in partnership with Sheffield Mind.
The Project consists of accommodation based, floating support and transitional landlord services and provides support and housing management services for people with mental health issues across the city. We have a personalised approach to support and our aim is to equip people with personal, social, vocational and practical life skills; enabling them to take control of their lives and to live independently within the community.
The role of Key Worker includes supporting our customers to develop the skills necessary to live independently when support ends. We are looking for individuals with real commitment to supporting our customers to achieve their aspirations and maximise their full potential. The successful candidate would need to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the needs and risks our customers and understand how to develop plans of support to overcome these.
- Have experience supporting clients with mental health support needs
- Have experience of housing related support and have an understanding of housing policies
- Have experience of supporting customers with a range of needs, including tenancy training, how to take positive steps to enhance physical and mental wellbeing and accessing education, training and work-related activities
- Possess a positive "Can Do" solution-oriented attitude and be passionate and committed to service excellence and great team work
- Demonstrate the ability to record data and outcomes for customers and have good computer skills
- Have a valid full driving licence
This role is restricted to male applicants under the Equality Act 2010, Schedule 9, and Part 1. Section 7(2) e of the Sex Discrimination Act 1975 apply. The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
If you are interested in this position or would like to know more please contact Amanda Parnell, Project Lead email@example.com or 0114 2900321
Some of SYHA’s benefits
- Generous holiday entitlement – 27 days annual leave, statutory bank holidays, plus an additional 4 SYHA days
- Flexible working options including Flexi Time, Condensed Hours, Part Time
- Excellent benefits including SYHA Rewards - employee discount scheme, which offers cash back and shopping discounts
- Westfield Health (employer paid)
South Yorkshire Housing Association (SYHA) is an award winning not-for-profit organisation passionate about housing and supporting people to LiveWell, Settle at home and realise their potential.A Sunday Times Best 100 Not for Profit organisation to work for and IiP Gold standard, we are a forward thinking, innovative and ambitious organisation. We currently own and manage over 6000 properties, support over 1600 vulnerable customers in care and supported housing projects and employ nearly 500 people.
Salary Scale: £18,630—£22,331. This post attracts Essential Car User
Working Hours: 37 hours per week – Monday to Friday
To Apply: Please apply on our career’s website http://www.syha-careers.co.uk/vacancies. Complete the application form and refer to the Job Description and Guidance Notes documents.
For an informal discussion contact, Amanda Parnell Project Lead firstname.lastname@example.orgTel: 0114 2900321.
Closing Date: 22nd November 2019
Interview Date: Friday 2nd December