Work and Enterprise Coach (BBO) - 2 years fixed term
Work and Enterprise Coach
Building Better Opportunities
Various Locations across Sheffield City Region
South Yorkshire Housing Association (SYHA) is a successful not-for-profit organisation with a strong commitment to the Sheffield City Region. A Sunday Times Best 100 Companies “one to watch” we are a forward thinking, innovative and ambitious organisation.
We have secured investment from the European Social Fund (ESF) and Big Lottery Fund (BLF) to continue leading an exciting & ambitious programme. Our Programme; Building Better Opportunities - Sheffield City Region (BBO SCR) is an integrated, person-centred employment service for people with physical and mental health conditions, learning disabilities and complex needs. It’s based on Individual Placement Support, a “place then train” approach that’s shown to be twice as effective as traditional approaches.
The programme is to be delivered until the end of 2021 will involve working with the NHS, voluntary, community and private sector organisations in delivering objectives that have been set within our vision & strategy.
The post holder will:
- Undertake rapid job search with customers (within first 30 days of being on the programme)
- Develop links with the JC+, employers and learning providers to source individualised employment opportunities for customers
- Coach customers in important work skills and provide up to 13 weeks of in-work and in-learning support to sustain outcomes
- Work in tandem with staff at their host organisation and as part of a wider multidisciplinary team
- Motivate customers, to ensure continual engagement and to ensure that customers are equipped with the necessary skills and knowledge to move into sustainable employment
Salary Scale: £22,253 - £23,672
Working Hours: 37 hours per week (including some evening and weekend working)
To Apply: Please apply on our careers website http://www.syha-careers.co.uk/vacancies. Complete the application form and refer to the Job Description and Guidance Notes documents.
For an informal discussion contact: Emma Salisbury on email@example.com
Closing Date: Midnight, 24th November 2019
Assessment Centre: Stage 1 recruitment day Monday 2nd December (shortlisted candidates must be available on this date). Successful candidates from stage 1 will be invited back for interview on Wednesday 4th December