Interim Organisational Development Manager - 12 months Fixed Term
Interim Organisational Development Manager
Full Time – 37 hours
Helping our employees do the best work of their lives…..
We are looking for an OD professional to help our business transform how we think and how we work.
We are part way through an ambitious programme looking at how we develop our traditional services to online digital services. We know that at the heart of any successful transformation programme lies an innovative, collaborative and strategic approach to organisational development to act as an enabler for our changes. Having just developed a new 3year business strategy we are taking some time to review and refresh our OD offer so that it supports our changes.
These are exciting times for SYHA and we are looking for an OD Manager for a 12 month period to support our small OD team and embed our existing change projects.
This is a rewarding role working for a company with a clear charitable purpose dedicated to its customers, but it will push you out of your comfort zone. To work effectively you will need to work as an internal consultant across a complex business. You will need to challenge our thinking, develop our leadership capability, develop our approach to talent management and help us cultivate our skills and capabilities for working in a digitally changing world. Not only this, we’ll want you to do this in line with our organisational ethics and ambition to make “working with us a joy!”
South Yorkshire Housing Association (SYHA) is an award-winning not-for-profit organisation passionate about housing and supporting people to Live Well, Settle at Home and Realise Their Potential.A Sunday Times Best 100 Not for Profit organisation to work for and IIP Gold standard, we are a forward thinking, innovative and ambitious organisation. We currently own and manage over 6000 properties, support over 1600 vulnerable customers in care and supported housing projects and employ over 600 people.
The successful candidate would need to:
- Have a high level of technical competence within OD and up-to-date knowledge of current OD & change practices
- Be a passionate deliverer of learning
- Ability to sell a compelling vision for OD
- Ability to manage a small team of OD Professionals, multiple projects and priorities at once
- Experience of working with senior executives and able to interact with other functions.
- Ability to inspire our senior management team, and wider workforce
- Experience of, and commitment to, continuous organisational improvement and the ability to act as a change agent.
You will be responsible for:
- Helping us realign our culture with our digital ambitions
- Developing the next generation of our leadership programme and our Academy
- Working with us to explore the people impact of issues such as changing our office spaces, introducing wide scale technological changes, greater levels of agile working, reskilling our workforce and developing new business
- Developing innovative and sustainable learning solutions
- Capitalising on technology so that we introduce a high touch / high tech offer to our people
Some of SYHA’s benefits
- Generous holiday entitlement – 27 days annual leave, statutory bank holidays, plus an additional 4 SYHA days
- Flexible working options including Flexi Time, Condensed Hours, Part Time
- Excellent benefits including SYHA Rewards - employee discount scheme, which offers cash back and shopping discounts
- Westfield Health (employer paid)
For an informal discussion contact: Rebecca white, Head of Human Resources – R.White@syha.co.uk or 0114 2900381
Starting salary of £35,345 Plus generous holiday entitlement and benefits
Working Hours: 37 hours per week Monday to Friday
To Apply: Please apply on our careers website http://www.syha-careers.co.uk/vacancies. Complete the application form and refer to the Job Description and Guidance Notes documents.
Closing Date: 28 October at 12:00pm
Assessment Days: Tuesday 5 November and Wednesday 13 November