Befriending and Enabling Volunteer
We are looking for volunteers to support customers on the My Best Life Barnsley programme to achieve their goals and help improve overall wellbeing.
Volunteers will get to know customers on a one to one basis supporting them to achieve their goals, assisting with trying new activities and being a friendly face to help them gain more independence and confidence.
The role is about giving the customers empowerment and confidence to keep up with new activities once you have finished volunteering. You will also be filling progress plans with the customer to see if the activities are helping their mental health and wellbeing. It may just be going for a coffee and a chat.
The ideal volunteer would be:
- Confident at speaking to a wide range of individuals, building up trust and confidence with their customer;
- Willing to support people to achieve their goals;
- Happy to plan visits around their own schedule;
- Wanting to learn more about improving wellbeing and mental health.
If you could spare some time each week supporting an individual and would like to get to know people this could be a fantastic role for you.
We value and embrace new opinions, skills and experience into our organisation.
At South Yorkshire Housing Association, we help our volunteers and customers become more employable.
As a volunteer you will have:
- A full induction prior to starting with us to get to know the team
- Training opportunities available (Volunteers can access SYHA training courses)
- A chance to gain experience within a supportive role
- A personal development plan to help you achieve your goals
- Opportunity to meet new people and be part of a group
- Travel expenses paid
- A chance to keep in touch with celebration events and access to our volunteering newsletter