Health & Wellbeing Manager - LiveWell: Promoting Independence Project
Health & Wellbeing Manager (Permanent, Full-time, Sheffield)
LiveWell: Promoting Independence Project
South Yorkshire Housing Association (SYHA) is an award winning not-for-profit organisation passionate about housing and supporting people to LiveWell, Settle at home and realise their potential. A Sunday Times Best 100 Not for Profit organisation to work for and IiP Gold standard, we are a forward thinking, innovative and ambitious organisation. We currently own and manage over 6000 properties, support over 1600 vulnerable customers in care and supported housing projects and employ nearly 500 people.
Do you want to be part of driving system change within mental health services in Sheffield? Could you empower someone to move out of 24/7 residential care into their own accommodation and live a more independent life?
We are seeking a passionate, enthusiastic and innovative Health & Wellbeing Manager to join our team and deliver this exciting new project in Sheffield. We’ve secured a £3m Social Impact Bond to deliver this ambition, and our aim is to equip each customer with personal, social, vocational and practical life skills; enabling them to take control of their life and live independently within the community, whilst managing their mental health condition. We’re aiming to work with 113 adults with mental health conditions aged under 65 over 7 years to make the move.
The role of the Health and Wellbeing Manager will oversee a team of Health & Wellbeing Coaches, who will provide support to adults with mental health conditions who are currently living in, or who will move into, residential accommodation to move towards greater independence in the community. They will also bring clinical expertise enabling them to manage and supervise a multidisciplinary team who work across a number of sites including health, housing, voluntary, statutory and private sector organisations. They will be responsible for ensuring that practice, therapeutic interventions and outcome plans are of high quality.
The successful candidate would need to:
- To lead a team of Health and Wellbeing Coaches who deliver therapeutic support to customers through general management and in the field monthly supervision of therapeutic services delivered by the coaching team
- Work with the Programme Lead, Clinical Lead and the consortium to drive culture change within host organisations
- Work with and assist host organisations in making adjustments to care packages and delivery models that are based on customer needs using researched/ evidenced based delivery models that lead to better mental health recovery e.g. strengths based assessment, motivational interviewing and trauma informed planning
- Have a qualification in Counselling (or other psychology related qualification), Occupational Therapy or other Allied Health Professional Qualification at Degree level which would meet the requirements for relevant accreditation e.g. BACP, NMC, HCPC.
Some of South Yorkshire Housing Associations benefits:
- Generous holiday entitlement – 27 days annual leave pro rata, statutory bank holidays, plus an additional 4 SYHA days
- Flexible working options including Flexi Time, Condensed Hours, Part Time
- Excellent training including free annual training and ongoing professional development including a leadership academy
- Excellent benefits including SYHA Rewards - employee discount scheme, which offers cash back and shopping discounts
- Westfield Health (employer paid)
For the purposes of the Rehabilitation of Offenders this role is an excluded job.
Starting Salary: Starting salary of £32,981 per annum plus generous holidays entitlement and benefits – plus essential car user (£94.36 per month)
Working Hours: Full-time: 37 hours per week, Monday – Friday
Please apply on our career website: http://www.syha-careers.co.uk/vacancies.
Complete the application form, questions and a copy of your CV. Please refer to the Job Description and Guidance Notes documents.
For more information about the project or the role please contact: Daryl Williams Programme Lead on: 07393 015 009 or email@example.com
Closing Date: 23rd August 2019, 12 noon
Interview Date: 28th and 29th August