Night Key Worker - Part Time, Permanent - Lister Avenue, Sheffield
Part Time Night Key Worker - Lister Avenue, Sheffield
12 hours per week - Permanent post
South Yorkshire Housing Association (SYHA) is an award winning not-for-profit organisation passionate about housing and supporting people to LiveWell, Settle at home and realise their potential.A Sunday Times Best 100 Not for Profit organisation to work for and IiP Gold standard, we are a forward thinking, innovative and ambitious organisation. We currently own and manage over 6000 properties, support over 1600 vulnerable customers in care and supported housing projects and employ nearly 500 people.
Could you empower someone with enduring mental health issues to gain the most from their life?
We are seeking an enthusiastic and innovative part time Night Keyworker to join our dedicated team at our registered mental project in Sheffield. We provide accommodation, advice and person centred support, including personal care, to our customers with enduring mental health issues. Lister Project is a CQC registered residential care service for 25 adults, split over 5 separate houses in the Basegreen area of Sheffield.
This is a 12 hour permanent waking night post and we are looking for someone who is able to work flexibly and provide some cover for the team. The role of Night Key Worker includes supporting our customers to develop the skills necessary to maximise their independence.Our night team achieve some amazing outcomes through spending quality face to face time with customers on both an individual and group basis.
We are looking for an individual with a real commitment to supporting our customers to achieve their aspirations, goals and help them maximise their full potential. The role can be challenging and is highly rewarding.
The successful candidate would need to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the needs and risks our customers experience and an understanding of how to develop plans of support to overcome these.
- Show enthusiasm about helping others, be approachable and encouraging with customers to achieve their goals
- Possess a positive "Can Do" solution focused attitude to fit in with a small team and build on the successes of this excellent A rated service.
- Support our customers with their personal care
Some of SYHA’s benefits
- Generous holiday entitlement – 27 days annual leave, statutory bank holidays, plus an additional 4 SYHA days
- Flexible working options including Flexi Time, Condensed Hours, Part Time
- Excellent training including free annual training and ongoing professional development including a leadership academy
- Excellent benefits including SYHA Rewards - employee discount scheme, which offers cash back and shopping discounts
- Westfield Health (employer paid)
For the purposes of the Rehabilitation of Offenders this role is an excluded job .
Starting Salary: Starting salary of £18,630 (pro rata), plus generous holidays entitlement and benefits
Working Hours: Part time 12 hours per week - rota basis variable shifts including nights, weekends & bank holidays.
To Apply: Please apply on our careers website http://www.syha-careers.co.uk/vacancies. In the supporting information section of the application form, please state how you feel you may meet the criteria of the Person specification, found in the Job Description. Please also refer to the Guidance notes.
For an informal discussion contact, Hazel Liparoti or Bev Seymour or Donna Williams (Project Leads) on email@example.com@firstname.lastname@example.org or - 0114 2652016
Closing Date: 30th August 2019
Interview Date: 5th September 2019
Great Working Environment