Multi-Trade Supervisor (Electrical) - Full Time, Permanent
Multi-trade Supervisor (Electrical)
South Yorkshire Housing Association (SYHA) is an award winning not-for-profit organisation passionate about housing and supporting people to LiveWell, Settle at home and realise their potential. A Sunday Times Best 100 Not for Profit organisation to work for and IiP Gold standard, we are a forward thinking, innovative and ambitious organisation. We currently own and manage over 6000 properties, support over 1600 vulnerable customers in care and supported housing projects and employ nearly 500 people.
We wish to appoint an experienced Electrical Supervisor to our Home Maintenance Team, which is a team of trade professionals that provide responsive and planned repair work for our customers.
The job will entail managing a team of electricians carrying out repairs and maintenance in the homes of our customers and buildings owned or maintained by SYHA.
You will be responsible for delivering the repairs service to our customers and stakeholders while working to achieve high standards and deliver excellent customer service at all times. You will be working in an exciting fast paced environment that is frequently subject to change.
We are looking for a highly motivated person, who is customer focused and who possesses the right skills and attitude. If you can answer yes to the following questions we would like to meet you.
- Have you got a can do attitude?
- Do you enjoy a challenge?
- Are you friendly, approachable and professional?
- Do you have excellent customer service skills?
- Are you a well organised team player?
- Can you work to deadlines?
Experience of working in a Social Housing Environment is desirable but not essential
Some of SYHA’s benefits
- Generous holiday entitlement – 27 days annual leave, statutory bank holidays, plus an additional 4 SYHA days
- Flexible working options including Flexi Time, Condensed Hours, Part Time
- Excellent training including free annual training and ongoing professional development including a leadership academy
- Excellent benefits including SYHA Rewards - employee discount scheme, which offers cash back and shopping discounts
- Westfield Health (employer paid)
Starting Salary: Starting salary of £29,822 plus generous holidays’ entitlement and benefits. Call Out payments apply on a rota basis.
Working Hours: 37 hours per week
To Apply: Please apply on our careers website http://www.syha-careers.co.uk/vacancies. In the supporting information section of the application form, please state how you feel you may meet the the Person specification which can be found in the Job Description. Please also refer to the Guidance notes.
For an informal discussion contact: Andy Jones – HMT Manager Property Services – 0114 2752915
Closing Date: 4th August 2019Interview Date:21st August 2019
Great Working Environment