Administration Assistant - Temporary 6 months, Full Time
Temporary Administration Assistant (37hr) LiveWell At Home
South Yorkshire Housing Association (SYHA) is an award winning not-for-profit organisation passionate about housing and supporting people to LiveWell, Settle at home and realise their potential.A Sunday Times Best 100 Not for Profit organisation to work for and IiP Gold standard, we are a forward thinking, innovative and ambitious organisation. We currently own and manage over 6000 properties, support over 1600 vulnerable customers in care and supported housing projects and employ nearly 500 people.
LiveWell at Home is a citywide prevention and outreach service for people aged 55 and over. Our team in made up of Wellbeing Facilitators and Key Workers who work with individual customers to support people to remain independent and settled in their own homes and to prevent unnecessary admissions to residential care, hospital or other acute services.
As an Administrator Assistant, you will play a key role in ensuring the efficient and smooth day-to-day operation of our department. You will ensure data and information is processed in a timely manner and provide support to our customers and staff.
We require a full time Administrator Assistant to join our new service.Our teams will be based in local communities across Sheffield with hubs located in City Centre, Shirecliffe, and Jordanthorpe.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A willing and able attitude
- Experience in office administration including filing, recording and collating data
- A friendly, outgoing personality and caring nature
- Confidence to be the first point of call for the service providing duty cover between the hours of 9-5pm in order to deal effectively and efficiently with telephone enquiries
- Ability to use a range of IT programmes including Microsoft, Word and Outlook
- Ability to solve problems and work in a fast paced environment
- Experience in processing large volumes of data entry
- Responsibility to monitor staff health and safety and providing office phone cover
- Ability to triage basic referrals and signpost to other services if needed
Some of SYHA’s benefits:
- Generous holiday entitlement – 27 days annual leave, statutory bank holidays, plus an additional 4 SYHA days pro rata
- Flexible working options including Flexi Time, Condensed Hours, Part Time
- Excellent training including free annual training and ongoing professional development including a leadership academy
- Excellent benefits including SYHA Rewards - employee discount scheme, which offers cash back and shopping discounts
- Westfield Health (employer paid)
Salary scale: 2A - £16,242 + excellent benefits
Working hours: Monday – Friday, to cover working hours of 9am - 5pm. Temporary 6 month contract.
To apply: Please apply on our careers website http://www.syha-careers.co.uk/vacancies. Please ensure you include how you meet the person specification which can be found within the Administration Assistant job description (via the careers page).
For an informal discussion contact: James Allen, Project Lead on 0114 2908359/07814458699
Closing Date: 28.07.19 at midnight
Interview Dates: 01.08.19 SYHA Head Office, 43-47 Wellington Street, Sheffield, S1 4HF
Great Working Environment
Additional InformationJD Admin Assistant (LiveWell at Home) 37 hours.doc
Guidance notes for applicants(current).pdf