Wellbeing Facilitator - 911 Project (37 hours)
South Yorkshire Housing Association (SYHA) is an award-winning not-for-profit organisation. We are passionate about housing and supporting people to LiveWell, settle at home and realise their potential. We have been voted by the Sunday Times as one of the best 100 not-for-profit organisations to work for and we are a forward thinking, innovative and ambitious organisation
Are you passionate about working with people on their journey to recovery using a strengths-based approach?
We are looking to recruit a Wellbeing Facilitator with:
- experience of supporting people in either a paid or voluntary capacity.
- a positive, can do attitude and can bring this out in others.
- an understanding of challenging behaviour
- an ability to engage and motivatepeople
- A positive attitude to promoting the opportunity to gain new skills and experiences
- an ability to work as a part of a team
- An ability to work flexible days between Monday to Friday
We work with 36 people many of whom have experienced trauma which can exhibit in challenging behaviour. Our customers are likely to misuse substances and alcohol and have mental health issues with a history of homelessness and sometimes offending.This is a great time to join us as we develop our 911 service further.
As a Wellbeing Facilitator you will work in conjunction with our Key Workers, leading on activities and events which increase the wellbeing of our customers as well as supporting them to engage in roles in 911. You will seek out opportunities for partnership working which will benefit our customers to take part in the wider community.You will work in an empowering way that recognises the skills and experience of our customers and focuses on building their strengths.This will take patience and a firm belief that every contact can make a difference. It is a challenging but rewarding role if you are resilient, empathetic and have a genuine appreciation of people and their differences.
Some of SYHA’s benefits
- Generous holiday entitlement – 27 days annual leave pro rata, statutory bank holidays, plus an additional 4 SYHA days
- Excellent training including free annual training and ongoing professional development including a leadership academy
- Excellent benefits including SYHA Rewards - employee discount scheme, which offers cash back and shopping discounts
- Westfield Health (employer paid)
Starting Salary: £15,857 per annum
Working Hours: 37 hours per week Monday – Friday
To Apply: Please apply on our career website http://www.syha-careers.co.uk/vacancies. Complete the application form, questions and please refer to the Job Description and Guidance Notes documents.
For an informal discussion contact: Paul Creaser on 0114 2751 644
Closing Date: 24th June 2019 midnight
Interview Date: 1st July 2019
For the purposes of the Rehabilitation of Offenders this role is an excluded job.
Great Working Environment