Social Prescribing Advisor - My Best Life Barnsley
Social Prescribing Advisor – My Best Life Barnsley (Temporary 9 months)
South Yorkshire Housing Association (SYHA) is an award winning not-for-profit organisation passionate about housing and supporting people to live well, settle at home and realise their potential. A Sunday Times Best 100 Not-for-Profit organisations to work for, we are a forward thinking, innovative and ambitious organisation. We currently own and manage over 6000 properties, support over 1600 vulnerable customers in care and supported housing projects and employ nearly 500 people. We are the biggest provider of Social Prescribing Services in the Sheffield City region.
My Best Life Barnsley is a social prescribing service working with customers in Barnsley who are isolated or lonely, have long term medical conditions, or are frequent users of health services.
We are looking for an advisor to deliver a high quality, personalised service to customers across Barnsley. We’re looking for people who have a good understanding of health, social care and community services and how these services can help improve the health and wellbeing of customers experiencing low level mental health issues, loneliness and isolation.
You will work closely with GPs, neighbourhood nurses, local area councils and health and social care professionals to identify customers. Using your extensive knowledge of the community and voluntary sector, and your understanding of health and social care services, you will empower customers to access non-medical social solutions to their needs. Co –located across the borough (with a focus on the North East area), you will work remotely using IT to keep in touch with your team and the community, and to record and monitor service delivery and outcomes.
You will be a natural communicator who loves working with people and is excellent at creating rapport with individuals. You will be skilled at supporting people to identify and achieve their personal goals around health and wellbeing.
This role will involve gaining people’s trust and respect so you can work with them in their own homes and communities around issues close to their heart. You will be skilled at holding frank and open conversations with people about their health and lifestyle issues. Working closely with Health and Social Care professionals and the community and voluntary sector, you must have the confidence to communicate effectively and professionally and have the skills to influence positively.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work closely with customers and build rapport.
- A track record of working with statutory and community, voluntary sector organisations.
- Experience of working with vulnerable customer groups and an understanding of the needs and risks associated with working with these groups and have a strong belief in strength based support
- Ability to be responsive to customer choice and need and enable fully personalised services.
- Ability to work on your own initiative with self motivation and drive.
- Good IT skills and ability to work remotely, keeping up to date and comprehensive records.
Some of SYHA’s benefits:
- Generous holiday entitlement – 27 days annual leave, statutory bank holidays, plus an additional 4 SYHA days
- Flexible working options including Flexi Time & Condensed Hours.
- Excellent training including free annual training and ongoing professional development including a leadership academy
- Excellent benefits including SYHA Rewards - employee discount scheme, which offers cash back and shopping discounts
- Westfield Health (employer paid)
For the purposes of the Rehabilitation of Offenders this role is an excluded job (LiveWell roles).
Starting Salary: Starting salary of £22,253 per annum plus generous holiday’s entitlement and benefits.
Working Hours: 37 per week.
For an informal discussion contact: Natalie Crampton – email@example.com or 07970399427
To Apply:Please apply on our career website http://www.syha-careers.co.uk/vacancies. Complete the application form and questions. Please refer to the Job Description and Guidance Notes documents.
Closing Date:28th May 2019, 12 noon.
Interviews: 30th May 2019 or 3rd June 2019.
Great Working Environment