37hrs (12 months Fixed Term Post) – Housing First Chesterfield
South Yorkshire Housing Association (SYHA) is a charitable organisation managing more than 6,000 homes and supporting hundreds of people to lead independent lives.
Could you empower someone to gain the most from their life?
Housing First Chesterfield provides a secure home to people in Chesterfield who are currently homeless or at risk of becoming homeless due to other complexities, which may include mental health conditions, substance misuse or offending behaviour.
Our aim is to provide stable, independent home and intensive personalised support to homeless people with multiple and complex needs following the Housing First principles and model of support.
We believe that everyone has a right a safe and secure place to call home, and the stability that it brings.
What really makes the difference for Housing First Chesterfield is the time we spend with our customers. Our intensive support is delivered by Key Workers with years of experience working with people with a range of complex needs around the root causes of their homelessness, including mental health conditions, substance misuse and offending. Our experience is the foundation of how we build trust with our customers.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and innovative Key Worker to join our dedicated team at Housing First Chesterfield.
Our approach to working with customers is based on their strengths, to build their confidence to a level where they feel they can live independently and achieve their potential.
Our aim is to equip each customer with personal, social, vocational and practical life skills; enabling them to take control of their life and live independently within the community.
We are looking for an individual with a real commitment to supporting our customers to achieve their aspirations, goals and help them maximise their full potential. The role can be challenging and is highly rewarding.
The successful candidate would need to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the needs and risks our customers experience and an understanding of how to develop plans of support to overcome these.
- Show enthusiasm about helping others, be approachable and encouraging with customers to achieve their goals
- Possess a positive "Can Do" solution focused attitude to fit in with a small team and build on the successes of this excellent service.
Some of SYHA’s benefits
- Generous holiday entitlement – 27 days annual leave, statutory bank holidays, plus an additional 4 SYHA days
- Excellent training including free annual training and ongoing professional development including a leadership academy
- Excellent benefits including SYHA Rewards - employee discount scheme, which offers cash back and shopping discounts
- Westfield Health (employer paid)
Starting Salary: Starting salary of £19,003 per annum pro rata, plus generous holidays entitlement, benefits and Essential Car User allowance of £94.36 per month. The postholders will need to be able to drive and have access to a vehicle.
Working Hours: Full Time – 37 hours per week – Monday to Friday (May include evenings and weekends)
For an informal discussion contact, Megan Staley, Project Lead at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07464497791
Closing Date: 4th February 2021 at midnight
Interview Date: Friday 12th February