Key Worker - Browning Court (Full Time, Permanent)
37 hours Permanent Post – Browning Court, Rotherham
South Yorkshire Housing Association (SYHA) is a charitable organisation managing more than 6,000 homes and supporting hundreds of people to lead independent lives.
Could you empower someone with enduring mental health issues to gain the most from their life?
We are seeking an enthusiastic and innovative Key Worker to join our dedicated team at our mental health supported housing project in Rotherham. We provide accommodation, advice and support to our customers with enduring mental health issues.
Our aim is to equip each customer with personal, social, vocational and practical life skills; enabling them to take control of their life and live independently within the community, whilst managing their mental health concerns.
The role of Key Worker includes supporting our customers to develop the skills necessary to maximise their independence.
We are looking for an individual with a real commitment to supporting our customers to achieve their aspirations, goals and help them maximise their full potential. The role can be challenging and is highly rewarding.
The successful candidate would need to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the needs and risks our customers experience and an understanding of how to develop plans of support to overcome these.
- Show enthusiasm about helping others, be approachable and encouraging with customers to achieve their goals
- Possess a positive "Can Do" solution focused attitude to fit in with a small team and build on the successes of this excellent A rated service.
Some of SYHA’s benefits
- Generous holiday entitlement – 27 days annual leave, statutory bank holidays, plus an additional 4 SYHA days
- Flexible working options including Flexi Time, Condensed Hours, Part Time
- Excellent benefits including SYHA Rewards - employee discount scheme, which offers cash back and shopping discounts
- Westfield Health (employer paid)
For the purposes of the Rehabilitation of Offenders this role is an excluded job.
Starting Salary: Starting salary of £19,003 per annum rata, plus generous holidays entitlement and benefits
Working Hours: 37 hours per week - rota basis variable shifts including evenings, weekends & bank holidays.
To Apply: Please apply on our careers website http://www.syha-careers.co.uk/vacancies. In the supporting information section of the application form, please state how you feel you may meet the criteria of the Person specification. Please also refer to the Guidance notes.
For an informal discussion contact Jess Burgess, Project Lead at J.email@example.com or on 01709 379835 or 01709 816957
Closing Date: 12pm 4th December 2020
Interview Date: 15th December 2020
Browning Court, Browning Road, Rotherham, S65 2LA
Great Working Environment