NEAT Operative (Full Time) (2x Permanent, 1x Temporary)
1 Temporary (9 months) and 2 Permanent, Full Time
Based in the housing services team, you will be working in a team of 24 people providing Estate services to a diverse range of customers. SYHA’s Neighbourhood Environmental Action Team (NEAT) provides a wide range of service to the entire housing stock.
You will need to be able to communicate well with a wide range of people, work well under pressure, understand relevant health and safety issues. Candidates must possess a full and current UK driving licence, be committed to service delivery in a flexible manner. Knowledge of communal cleaning and gardening work is desirable.
You will be able to provide a communal gardening and cleaning service to all our housing stock using a range of petrol driven machinery. Cleaning communal stairwells and voids properties. Waste management, litter picking, and fly tipping removals will also be a part of your role. You may be asked to carry out PAT testing of electrical items within communal areas and households. Most of the tasks involve heavy lifting and can be physically demanding. You will have high standards of health and safety and ensure SYHA’s responsibilities are fulfilled. You must be able to keep basic written records. Candidates must have a customer focused attitude and the ability to handle customer queries and remain calm in challenging situations. Experience of cleaning communal areas and void properties is desirable.
South Yorkshire Housing Association (SYHA) is a charitable organisation managing more than 6,000 homes and supporting hundreds of people to lead independent lives. Our ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent team working skills
- Ability to communicate well with a wide range of people
- A commitment to delivering and developing high standards of estate services
- An awareness of health and safety relating to the service
- Ability to solve problems
- A full and current UK driving licence
Some of SYHA’s Benefits:
- Generous holiday entitlement – 27 days annual leave, statutory bank holidays, plus an additional 4 SYHA days
- Flexible working options including Flexi Time, Condensed Hours, Part Time
- Excellent benefits including SYHA Rewards - employee discount scheme, which offers cash back and shopping discounts
- Westfield Health (employer paid)
Salary Scale: 2B (£17,840 - £19,237)
Working Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday
To Apply: Please apply on our careers website http://www.syha-careers.co.uk/vacancies. Complete the application form and refer to the Job Description and Guidance Notes documents.
For an Informal Discussion Contact: Tom Revill, NEAT team leader - 07720544260
Closing Date: 28th September 2020 – 9am
Interview Date: WC 5th October 2020
Great Working Environment